Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Huster addresses Men of Letters
Dr. Michael Huster, Professor and Chair of the Department of Physics, delivered the February lecture to the Men of Letters on Thursday, February 16, 2012.
His talk, "Continuity and Discontinuity: Science and the Christian Faith, " examined the repeatability and continuity of nature. Physicists probe and test these features of nature. On the other hand, the Christian faith proposes a God who acts to disturb this continuity, by creating it, providentially guiding events, causing miracles, and granting free will to creatures. Dr. Huster presented some evidence and musings about these disparate views of the cosmos which a scientist of faith must hold.
The Men of Letters is a student organization for men in the literary society tradition at the Manhattan Campus. Its purpose is to develop the ethical and intellectual excellence of the members and their fellow brothers. It is sponsored by the College of Arts and Sciences.
For more information:
- Dr, Yu Honored by Wheaton's Institute of American Evangelicals
- Nyack to Partner with Yale's Center for Scientific Teaching
- Dr. Poston Reviews Book on Second Chinese Enlightenment
- Dr. Romaine Co-edits Art History Text
- Dr. Lux presents at American University in Paris
- 2014 Arts & Sciences Faculty Retreat Announced
- Dr. Larry Poston & Dean Poston Examine Media & Religion
- English Prof Oversees Historic Eatery
- Dr. Poston Publishes Chapter on Muslim Americans
- Adjunct D'Agusto wins Art Competition
- Social Work Student Honored at Educational Event
- 2014 A&S Faculty Awards
- Dr. Danaher interviewed on The Christian Post
- NYC Writing Center offers ALST Workshop to Education Candidates
- Dr. Poston publishes two book reviews
- Browse Blog Archive>>