Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Huster addresses Men of Letters
Dr. Michael Huster, Professor and Chair of the Department of Physics, delivered the February lecture to the Men of Letters on Thursday, February 16, 2012.
His talk, "Continuity and Discontinuity: Science and the Christian Faith, " examined the repeatability and continuity of nature. Physicists probe and test these features of nature. On the other hand, the Christian faith proposes a God who acts to disturb this continuity, by creating it, providentially guiding events, causing miracles, and granting free will to creatures. Dr. Huster presented some evidence and musings about these disparate views of the cosmos which a scientist of faith must hold.
The Men of Letters is a student organization for men in the literary society tradition at the Manhattan Campus. Its purpose is to develop the ethical and intellectual excellence of the members and their fellow brothers. It is sponsored by the College of Arts and Sciences.
For more information:
- Division of Student Success Awarded Certification
- Dr. Poston and Pamela Code explore death, religion and science
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Student Success adjunct selected for writing Best Teen Book
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>