Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Beverley Locke shares Writing Center expertise
Beverley Locke, Lecturer of English and Director of the Writing Center, presents paper at the National Conference on Peer Tutoring In Writing (NCPTW) at Florida International University in Miami, Florida on November 5th, 2011.
Professor Locke’s presentation, Writing and Research Consultants: Including the Research Process in the Writing Session for Maximum Results,” focused on maximizing the effectiveness of writing center appointments by including the research process in the writing session. She also discussed the collaborative model of the Nyack College Writing Center service levels designed to meet the needs of the Nyack College students.
The National Conference on Peer Tutoring in Writing (NCPTW) promotes the teaching of writing through collaborative learning. The conference theme was “Tutors, Tutoring and the Teaching of Tutors.”
For more information: http://www.ncptw.net/2011-conference.html
- Dr. Poston publishes two book reviews
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>