Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Beverley Locke shares Writing Center expertise
Beverley Locke, Lecturer of English and Director of the Writing Center, presents paper at the National Conference on Peer Tutoring In Writing (NCPTW) at Florida International University in Miami, Florida on November 5th, 2011.
Professor Locke’s presentation, Writing and Research Consultants: Including the Research Process in the Writing Session for Maximum Results,” focused on maximizing the effectiveness of writing center appointments by including the research process in the writing session. She also discussed the collaborative model of the Nyack College Writing Center service levels designed to meet the needs of the Nyack College students.
The National Conference on Peer Tutoring in Writing (NCPTW) promotes the teaching of writing through collaborative learning. The conference theme was “Tutors, Tutoring and the Teaching of Tutors.”
For more information: http://www.ncptw.net/2011-conference.html
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Prof. McDuffie Publishes Poem
- Dr. Park leads fish survey for BioBlitz at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Student Success Serves Spring Valley Community
- Communications Senior Contributes to NyackNewsAndViews
- Dr. Washington Publishes Case Study
- Browse Blog Archive>>