Nyack College Honors Rockland County Pastor
On Friday, January 12, the college will conduct its annual Social Justice Day chapel service at 10:00 am in Bowman Gym. This will be followed by a luncheon honoring local pastor, Rev. Louis Sanders (pictured at left with Nyack student), of St. Charles A.M.E. Church in Sparkill, NY.
The 12:30 p.m. luncheon will be held in President’s Hall at Shuman, when college administrators and staff along with community and local officials will recognize Rev. Sanders and his outstanding leadership and legacy of service to the Rockland County community.
A native of Plymouth, NC, Rev. Sanders received his undergraduate degree in social science from North Carolina A&T State University, Master of Arts and Master of Science degrees from the City University of New York and a Master of Divinity degree from Union Theological Seminary in
Following a move to New York in 1968, he began teaching for the Tuckahoe Board of Education and remained until his retirement nearly 30 years later. A former reserve chaplain in the United States Air Force until 2003 when he retired with the rank of Lt. Colonel, Rev. Sanders is a past president of the Rockland County Ministerial Alliance and currently serves on several board including, Rockland County Headstart, Rockland County Girl Scout Council, the Fresh Start Foundation, and the Francis Ellis Academy in Ghana.
Seating is limited in President’s Hall. For ticket information on the January 12 luncheon, contact the Student Development Office at 845.358.1710, ext. 370 and for directions visit, www.nyack.edu.
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- TODAY: Second Chance to Audition for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- NOV. 5-6: Dr. Kevin Danaher is Fall 2014 Nyack 's Scholars Symposium Plenary Speaker
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- NOV. 6 Forgive Us: Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Browse Blog Archive>>