Nyack College Honors Rockland County Pastor
On Friday, January 12, the college will conduct its annual Social Justice Day chapel service at 10:00 am in Bowman Gym. This will be followed by a luncheon honoring local pastor, Rev. Louis Sanders (pictured at left with Nyack student), of St. Charles A.M.E. Church in Sparkill, NY.
The 12:30 p.m. luncheon will be held in President’s Hall at Shuman, when college administrators and staff along with community and local officials will recognize Rev. Sanders and his outstanding leadership and legacy of service to the Rockland County community.
A native of Plymouth, NC, Rev. Sanders received his undergraduate degree in social science from North Carolina A&T State University, Master of Arts and Master of Science degrees from the City University of New York and a Master of Divinity degree from Union Theological Seminary in
Following a move to New York in 1968, he began teaching for the Tuckahoe Board of Education and remained until his retirement nearly 30 years later. A former reserve chaplain in the United States Air Force until 2003 when he retired with the rank of Lt. Colonel, Rev. Sanders is a past president of the Rockland County Ministerial Alliance and currently serves on several board including, Rockland County Headstart, Rockland County Girl Scout Council, the Fresh Start Foundation, and the Francis Ellis Academy in Ghana.
Seating is limited in President’s Hall. For ticket information on the January 12 luncheon, contact the Student Development Office at 845.358.1710, ext. 370 and for directions visit, www.nyack.edu.
- American Cancer Society Rates Nyack a Top-Ranking NY Institution With Tobacco-Free Policies
- Grace Prescriptions: Seminars for Healthcare Professionals at Nyack NYC
- December School of Music Concerts in Manhattan and in Rockland
- Nyack College Welcomes 2016 Leadership Rockland Cohort for Multi-cultural Communities Day
- Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Conference Proceedings Published
- Chad Needs Your Votes! (Every Day Until November 30)
- School of Education Authors Release Books on Self-Regulation
- Chelsea Geyer ('12) Director of DC127, a Colloquium Guest Speaker
- ATS Alum and Author, Dimas Salaberrios, in Paris
- New Partnership With An Old Friend: Pastor Lesly Milord
- Nyack's Brittany Cruz Heads to Practice With Women's Olympic Pre-National Team
- Reading the New Testament as Second Temple Jewish Literature
- Author Deb Hirsch of Missio Alliance at Nyack/ATS
- Nyack Salutes Our Nation's Veterans
- 7th Scholars Symposium: In Search of the Meaning of Work
- A Nyack College First: Student Cyber Security Team
- A Showcase of Academic Excellence: Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Fulbright Ambassador Brian Polkinghorn Visits Nyack College
- National Nursing Exam Scores on a Strong and Steady Rise
- Alumni of the Year Award Honorees Across the Decades
- Nyack on U.S. News & World Report 2016 Best Colleges Diversity List
- AWF President Visits Nyack/ATS Rockland
- MA in Mental Health Counseling Online Approved by NYS Education Department
- Peter Irvine, 2015 School of Business and Leadership Keynote Speaker
- Official Statement in Response to Media Announced Law Suit
- Browse Blog Archive>>