Fall 2013 Enrollment
- Affiliated with The Christian and Missionary Alliance.
- Undergraduate degrees offered at Nyack College include: Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Music, and Bachelor of Sacred Music.
- Graduate degrees offered at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary include: Master of Business Administration, Master of Arts, Master of Science, Master of Divinity, Master of Professional Studies, and Doctor of Ministry.
- 110 teaching faculty, 77% with doctorates, 39% female, 45% non-white, 178 adjuncts
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
- Chartered by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of NY.
- Curricula registered with the NY State Education Department and approved for training of veterans.
- Listed by the US Department of Justice for educating international students.
- Approved to operate in:
- District of Columbia by the Educational Licensure Commission of the District of Columbia.
- State of Ohio by the Ohio Board of Regents.
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico by the Council of Higher Education of Puerto Rico.
- School of Music: National Association of Schools of Music (NASM) since 1962.
- School of Education:
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- Member and accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) for teacher certification.
- Childhood Education programs are nationally recognized by the Association for Childhood Education International (ACEI).
- Childhood Special Education programs are nationally recognized by the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC).
- Early Childhood Education programs are nationally recognized by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
- Adolescence Math program is nationally recognized by the National Council for the Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM).
- Adolescence English program is nationally recognized by the National Council for Teachers of English (NCTE).
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages program is nationally recognized by Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL).
- School of Nursing: Accredited by Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- College of Arts and Sciences: Social Work program has been approved for accreditation with the Council for Social Work Education (CSWE).
- Alliance Theological Seminary:
Accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada, and the following degree programs are approved:
MDiv, MA in Intercultural Studies, Master of Professional Studies, MA (Biblical Literature), DMin
The following extension sites are approved as specified:
Hato Rey, PR
Approved Degrees: MDiv, Master of Professional Studies
New York, NY
Approved Degrees: MDiv, Master of Professional Studies, MA (Biblical Literature)
Approved for a Comprehensive Distance Education Program
The Commission contact information is:
The Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools in the United States
10 Summit Park Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15275