Master of Science in Education
The Master of Science in Education at Nyack College allows both career-changers and traditional students to get the education they need to obtain advanced credentialing in teaching. Students who successfully complete the program will receive their New York State teaching certificate, allowing them to teach in public and private schools. In addition to teacher certification, Masters-level coursework prepares students for work in non-teaching roles within the education field as well other fields outside of education that require knowledge of child development, assessment, curriculum development and instruction.
Students have several program options. Our newest program, TESOL (Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages) is completely on-line which affords flexibility to students. In addition, students have a choice between Childhood Education or Childhood Special Education tracks. By taking a combination of online and face-to-face classes, students can complete the program in as little as two years. All face-to-face classes are held on weekday evenings (from 6-9:00 pm) adding to the overall flexibility of the program. These three programs offer both initial and additional certification; furthermore, the TESOL offers a non-certification option as well.
Learning Curve: An MSE Publication
- Summer 2014 Update on State Certification Tests
- Nyack Alumnus Missionary to Hungary Lauds MS TESOL Program
- MSE Program Celebrates Lovely Hooding Ceremony on May 9, 2014
- 2013 Teacher Certification Fees for School of Education Students
- The International Educator Website Provides Opportunities and Resources for Interested Teacher Candidates