Tutoring Services are designed to assist all Nyack College students according to their specific needs. Services provided are:
- Individualized peer-led tutoring
- Peer-led group tutoring
- Teacher Assistant led tutoring
- Success Workshops
How Do I Acquire Tutoring Services?
- The Division of Student Success/Testing and Tutoring Center offers tutoring services to all students. We are located in the Bell Tower on the second floor at the Rockland Campus and 2 Washington St. Room 1907 at the Nyack Manhattan Campus. To request a tutor,simply complete a tutor request form and you will receive an email to establish tutoring.
- Tutor Request Forms are processed on a first come first serve basis. Primary courses covered in Tutoring Sessions are College Math, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, World Civilization I and II, Old and New Testament, Chemistry, Biology, Intro to Psychology, Hebrew, Greek, and Accounting. Tutoring sessions for other college courses in various disciplines may also be requested
- One to one peer tutoring and group tutoring is available. The Testing and Tutoring Center reserves the right to match students with Tutors for the course requested based on availability.
- Tutoring sessions are held for one hour per week for the semester.
When are Tutoring Services provided?
The Testing and Tutoring Center is open Monday and Wednesday 8am-8pm; Tuesday and Thursday 10am-10 pm. Friday 11-4pm. Saturday and Sunday by appointment.
Can I get help in improving my study habits?
Students are invited to attend Success workshops where strategies in time-management, note-taking, speed reading, as well as the art of developing optimal learning relationships with professors are provided. Please contact James Carrington (Rockland) or Antonio Gary (Manhattan) for the dates and locations of the Success Workshops.
How can I become a tutor?
To become a tutor, students must complete a tutor application which can be picked up at the Testing and Tutoring Center, secure anexemplary strong recommendation from the professor of that course, and have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Students must be interviewed by the Director of Testing and Tutoring/or The Testing Tutor Coordinator. Upon hiring, the prospective tutor must agree to tutor training.
How can I contact Tutoring Services?
Nyack Rockland Campus
James Carrington, Testing and Tutoring Coordinator, Bell Tower Phone (845) 675-4449
Nyack Manhattan Campus
Antonio Gary, Testing and Tutoring Coordinator, Room 1907, Phone (646) 378 6100 ext. 7708